My Little Peanut...

Friday, April 30, 2010




See this little peanut of mine? We finally decided it was time to try a treatment for her GERD (reflux). Turns out she fell off the weight charts, which makes our doctor fairly confident that it is her reflux keeping her up at night and preventing her from gaining weight. We picked up her first bottle of Zantac today and we are hoping this makes her feel better (and subsequently helps her sleep at night!). I have been pretty reluctant to use medication with her, but after 7 months of very little sleep I think it is time. And because she isn't keeping up with her weight curve, I feel even better about trying out the Zantac. It is just a tough call as there really is no way to know for sure whether the reflux is causing an infant pain. The plan is to try it, see if she seems less upset when lying down, and go from there. If I don't see a difference we may try a stronger dose, another medication, or go back to where we started. I will keep you updated!

0 comments: