All Ears!

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

About 6 weeks ago, when we were still stuck in the house waiting for spring to arrive, I took the girls to the mall to get their ears pierced.  I had asked Lauren a handful of times in the last year if she wanted to have hers pierced, and she always replied with a strong no.  Of course, we were usually strolling through the mall when I asked and I think she was too nervous.  So, on that cold rainy morning when I asked, out of sheer boredom, I was shocked to hear her say yes!  After we talked about it, how bad it would hurt, how long it would hurt, etc, I quickly made arrangements for Dan's parents to keep the little two for the afternoon.  And we raced to the mall before she changed her mind!  Ella said she wanted hers done too, but I wasn't going to push it if she decided not to when we got there.  They both did great!  The before pictures are so funny because I can tell just how nervous they were!  They did think the stuffed bear with a dozen real earrings in his ear was pretty funny.  Lauren chose rainbow daisies and Ella picked diamonds "like her mom."  I told her she has good taste:)  They both looked so much older with earrings, but I have already gotten used to it.  And they are very good about reminding me to clean them.  They are eagerly waiting for the eight-week mark (when we can change them) so they can wear those silly flip-flop earrings they picked out 6 weeks ago!







0 comments: