A Day of Firsts

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Today was Lauren's first day of school! Okay, not really, but we did go observe at a Lutheran preschool this morning. While it didn't surprise me that she wouldn't talk to the teachers and wanted to hold my hand and keep me close, I was surprised how quickly she warmed up. I am sure it helped that it was "free-time, aka, play-time" while we were there, but she jumped right in and made her way around the room playing. And she didn't run away crying when a nice little girl wanted to talk to her and play with her! She actually didn't want to leave, so we stayed for almost 2 hours. We will be attending the open house next week so Dan can check it out, but it looks promising.

Showing off the flower she made at preschool



Next we took Lauren for her first haircut. I had planned on finding a very kid-friendly salon (which doesn't exist in Rice Lake), but I decided that either way she was just going to sit there very seriously and not show much emotion. So she agreed that it would be fun to go where daddy gets his haircut, nothing fancy, just good old Great Clips! She did really well, didn't like having her hair combed over and over, but also didn't cry and scream like she does for me. She sure is turning into a big girl.


Very serious

First cut!


I promise to post a picture of her new haircut, but she is taking a much needed nap. Probably won't be able to tell much of a difference, we kept a lot of the length and added some bouncy layers.

0 comments: